Saturday, February 13, 2016

Call Her Mother | Original Poem

This is a somewhat older poem of mine. I think I first wrote it a few years ago and edited it a bit last year. And now I've decided to share it with you! I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions.

Call Her Mother
Her tears break my heart
I fall
Into a sea of nothing
Her sobs crush my soul
I fall
Over and over and over again
The story has no end
I call her mother
Tell her I love her
But the words, never leave my lips
I can't show what I feel
Although the pain is so real
Her cries tear me apart
I fall
Saying "mother, don't cry"
But my voice is paralyzed
She chokes on another sob
I lie shattered on the floor
It's never enough
I can't be enough
~C P Cabaniss~

Note: This is my original work, please do not copy without permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment