Monday, November 9, 2015

The Forever Man~Eoin Colfer | Review

Title: The Forever Man (W.A.R.P. #3)
Author: Eoin Colfer
Genre: Middle Grade Science Fiction/Time Travel
Length: 339 Pages (Hardback)
Release: October 2015
My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Review
I have been a huge fan of Eoin Colfer ever since I first started reading the Artemis Fowl series many years ago. And when I found out about this trilogy (the first two books were already out), I was very excited. This final installment was just what the story needed. 
Going into this book I wasn't sure what to expect. After the second book, The Hangman's Revolution, I wasn't sure where the story could or would head. This one has Riley and Chevie being thrown even further back in time and Chevie accused of witchcraft. And Albert Garrick is back, seeking revenge. 

There were some new characters added for this installment that were so much fun. The whole time travel thing is always interesting to me and I love how it's explored here. There are mutations that occur as you travel through time. You might get cats eyes, become a dog, or a sea serpent. And those are only a few things that could happen. 

Chevie and Riley are separated for most of this book, but it works really well. They are both trying to save the other with extremely poor odds. As usual. I don't know what to say about this book that will convince you that you need to read the series, but you really should. 

Colfer explores relationships and plays with time so beautifully. The ending to this was amazing. There was a bittersweet aspect to it, but more sweet than bitter. When a book is fun to read I'm happy. When a book is fun, well written, has great characters and depth, then I'm very happy. And this book had it all. Go read it now. Well, read the first two if you haven't, then read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment