Friday, November 6, 2015

Monthly Recommendations | Trilogies

Monthly Recommendations is a Goodreads group that was created by the booktubers Kayla Rayne and Trina (Between Chapters). There's a topic each month and you get to choose how you want to interpret that topic and then recommend books based around it.

Trilogies
I was going to try and narrow this list down to a certain genre/theme, but I couldn't. So you're just going to get some of my favorites. Some of these are well known, some are less well known, but they are some of my favorites. Most of these will be ones that I have completed, but I will include a couple that I feel very sure that I will like the third book.

 The Legend trilogy is definitely a well known trilogy in the realm of YA dystopia and it's my favorite dystopian trilogy. I love the characters, the writing, the story. And they get better book by book. I enjoyed it even more the second time around. And Champion, the final book, is my favorite. Also Marie Lu is super nice, if you get the chance to meet her you definitely should.

 I picked this book up right before Yallfest last year having no idea what I was getting into. It was fantasy (my favorite) and sounded interesting. I was hooked from the beginning. It's just so beautiful and fun. The third book is my favorite in this series as well. And again, Leigh Bardugo is really nice. Meet her if you can.

I don't know how I first heard about this trilogy, but I read it in three days. And loved it. There is a companion novel now that's kind of a fourth installment (but not really) which is also really good. Cole is my favorite, so Sinner was amazing. I know this series gets a lot of hate, but to me it's beautiful. Maggie just has such a beautiful style. Love it.

I absolutely adore Eoin Colfer's stories and writing. The Artemis Fowl series has been a favorite for years now and this trilogy (which I just finished) is brilliant. It's middle grade time travel and adventure. The bulk of the story takes place in Victorian London. The characters are just what I would expect from Colfer and the story is exciting and fun.

This is another middle grade trilogy. It has been suggested to me a couple of times but for some reason it took me ages to pick it up. Once I did though, I was hooked. Sage is one of my all time favorite characters. I just love these books. Definitely a series I will be rereading in the future.

If you know anything about me then you probably know I LOVE Brandon Sanderson. His Mistborn trilogy is what got me started with his books and they were even better the second time through. It's an adult high fantasy series (although now they are crossing over as YA). If you haven't read this and want to read a Sanderson novel, go buy The Final Empire right now and read it. You might want to get the box set, because you'll want to read them all back to back.

This is one that I haven't finished. The final book has been released, but I haven't read it yet. It's an adult historical/paranormal trilogy. Delia can  communicate with ghosts, lives in 1920s California, and has a police officer husband. I've really enjoyed the first books in this trilogy and am looking forward to finishing the final book.

This is the second Mistborn trilogy and the final installment (I think it's only a trilogy...) will be out in January. I am so excited. There are some things that I enjoy more about this series than the original. The characters and story are just brilliant. Read the first trilogy and then pick this one up.

I randomly picked this series up at the library some time last year and really enjoyed them. Jazz was an interesting character and it was nice to see his struggles to be a normal teenager since his father is a well known serial killer (and raised Jazz to be the best killer of them all). His best friend Howie and girlfriend Connie are great characters as well.

 Some more Brandon Sanderson for you. The Reckoners trilogy will be finished in February 2016, but I feel safe in saying that I'm going to love it. Sanderson has yet to disappoint so I'm confident he won't this time around. This is his YA series about people gaining super powers and becoming super villains. David, the MC, is one of my favorites of all time. You should definitely check these out.

I have enjoyed all of Shusterman's novels that I've read. His stuff is just the right amount of thought provoking, creepy, and haunting. This series is about teenagers being stuck in limbo after being derailed on their way to the after life. It's so good.

I reviewed this trilogy earlier this year and adored it. It's very emotionally charged, but so good. The two main characters come from an extremely abusive home. The have no friends and no way to escape. The trilogy tells the story of them growing up, fighting for their freedom, and finding their way in the world. It's a great trilogy.






I guess that will be it this time. I feel like I've thrown a load of books at you, but hey, I really like them! Let me know if you've read any of these or what some of your favorite trilogies are. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment