Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Buddy Reading

Welcome to September! Can you believe over half the year has come and gone? Crazy, right? Anyway, as a welcome to September I have another Tuesday Talks discussion for you. You should check out the group and participate. It was created by Janie and Janelle and it's a lot of fun.

What do You Think About Buddy Reads?
I love buddy reading! Up until the beginning of this year I had only ever participated in a couple of buddy reads, but now I do them all the time. While I love reading on my own, it's nice to have someone to discuss the books you're reading with. I've gotten so much out of buddy reading. 

A lot of the buddy reading I do is with friends online through goodreads groups. One big one is the YA Buddy Readers' Corner group which has a lot of fun challenges and buddy reading. I've met so many great friends through this group and been introduced to so many new books because of them. It's been a lot of fun. I've also started a buddy reading and blog discussion group called Read Together. Blog Together with Saloni (another Tuesday Talker you can find at My Fantabulous Bookshelf) where we buddy read and post blog discussions about the books.  I've also done some buddy reads through BookTube Reading Buddies, which were a lot of fun. The challenges these guys put together are so relaxed that it's easy to enjoy them.

Occasionally I'll read books with people who live near me as well. My family is a group of readers (for the most part) but we tend to read different books. Sometimes we will read the same books (my mom and I are both huge Dean Koontz fans) and we will discuss the books together. It's so much fun!

So basically, buddy reading is a lot of fun and full of insightful thoughts. You can learn so much from other people and just improve your reading experience. This works really well for hard to get through books because you have someone to talk with them about. So go start buddy reading!

So what are your thoughts? Do you buddy read or not? Share your thoughts in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I've never participated in a buddy read, I've joined groups but they have never actually read a book I'm interested in reading! I would like to, though.

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do a buddy read! The good things about the groups that I'm in is that you can find buddies for the books you want! :)

      Delete
  2. I love to buddy read Courtney! I think discussing the book with friends is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great to discuss with others! That's what I love about having gotten involved with booktube and blogging and goodreads. There are so many people to discuss books with! :)

      Delete