Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tuesday Talks | Re-Reading Books

Tuesday talks is a weekly meme hosted by Janie and Janelle. You can find the goodreads group here if you want to join in the fun or see who is participating.

Re-Reading and Favorite Re-Reads
In general I don't re-read a lot of novels. I guess I always have something new to read, so re-reading has never been a thing for me. I can usually remember a story line really well too, so it's like reliving everything over. Don't get me wrong, that can be really fun, but sometimes it's nice to experience new things. 

I have re-read some novels. Usually it's been several years since my first reading. Here are some of the novels I have re-read.

  • All seven Harry Potter novels. I've read the first six between three and five times each. The seventh one I've only read twice (within a month of its release). I may re-read these one day...I want to, I just don't have the time.
  • The Hobbit-I after seeing the fist movie (I still haven't seen either of the next two), I re-read the book. I must say, I enjoy the novel more. It's a great little read. Short too (less than 300 pages!). 
  • Ella Enchanted-I've read this book several times. Every couple of years since the first time I've read it I pick this book back up. I don't really know what it is about this book that I like. I just really enjoy it. Don't watch the movie though. I can't stand the movie.
  • The Icemark Chronicles-I read the first two novels years ago, but for some reason never read the third one. I recently re-read the first two and finished with the third. I really enjoyed them the second time around. My memory was jogged as I read and I always knew what was coming next, but they were fun nonetheless.
  • Pride and Prejudice-I love re-reading my favorite classics! I want to read all six Austen novels in a month sometime. Soon hopefully. It would be so interesting to compare them after reading them back to back. I enjoyed every single one of them. I've only re-read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility though.
I can't think of any other re-reads off the top of my head. I generally just get into a new series or novel and skim old ones when I feel like it. There are a couple that I will be re-reading soon. The main one I want to mention is the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I am hosting a read along starting Jan first if you want to participate! You can find our group here.

So, do you re-read novels? If so tell me in the comments which ones are your favorites and why!

As always, you can find me on YouTube, Goodreads, and Twitter.

Until next time.

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Hobbit as well. Definitely a 2015 re-read. I haven't read any classics, so maybe I will make it a resolution to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! There are some great classic novels. :)

      Delete