Monday, October 20, 2014

Awesomeness Coming Soon!

Over the next few months I have some pretty big and awesome things going on as far as reading/writing go. So here are some of the things happening with me (and you too, if you want).

NanoWriMo
I will be participating in NanoWriMo this year! This will be my first time of full participation. I started a few years ago, but was unable/uninspired at the time. Now that I've graduated college I feel I have a better handle on things. I'm also already writing a novel so I'm making this my push to complete it! If anyone wants to be a writing buddy, I'd love to be one! I don't have much info about myself or my novel up yet, but you can find my page here, I will be updating it very soon! I will also be doing a video on my booktube channel talking about my novel and my writing plans, so check that out. I plan to post update videos here throughout the month of November...so stay tuned!

Yallfest
On November 7th and 8th I will be attending Yallfest, a young adult book festival, in Charleston South Carolina. There are a ton of amazing authors who will be there and it should be a blast. If you live anywhere near by you should make it a trip and come on over. If you will be there, let me know, I would love to meet you!

Percy Jackson Read Along
Elizabeth from the booktube channel Elizabeth Book Babble is hosting a Percy Jackson Read Along directed toward booktubers who have not yet read the series. I have read, and absolutely adore, the series, but I will be participating in this as well. We will be starting in November (maybe December for me, see NanoWriMo section-it'll take all my time). You can find the explanation video here and the goodreads group here. Please let me know if you plan to participate! This will also be mentioned in an upcoming video on my booktube, so you might see that coming up! 

Booktube Secret Santa
Karla from the booktube channel BooksAndOtherNerdyThings is organizing a book exchange through the book depository for Christmas and I plan to participate. You can watch the video here if you want information. This will also be mentioned in one of my upcoming videos :) There is a limit of $20 and once we have our person we choose a book from their book depository wish list and order it for them. It sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to connect with fellow booktubers and bloggers and book lovers of all kinds.

Winter Re-Read-A-Thon
Alma from the blog Diary of a Booklover is organizing a re-read that will be taking place from December 22-January 2. Basically during that time you re-read any books you've loved in the past and want to re-read now. It's going to be super fun, so check it out. The blog with the information can be found here. If you want to join in on the fun then you can find the goodreads group here. It's a great way to connect with others and get some of those old favorites read again. :)  

Odd Thomas Binge Read
In preparation for the release of the final Odd Thomas novel in January I will be re-reading the first six novels in December. If anyone would like to read along with me that would be awesome. The series is a paranormal/thriller series of novels by Dean Koontz. The novels follow Odd, a 21 year old fry-cook who helps the spirits of the dead settle their claims on life and cross to the other side. It's told in first person and Odd is an amazing character. If you've seen any of my booktube videos you've probably heard me rave about how awesome he is and I will continue to do so until he is no longer awesome (which will be never). Let me know if you would like to read along and I can start up a group on goodreads!

Legend Read Along
As many of you know, I love the Legend series by Marie Lu. I just adore those books and I really want to reread them. I would like to get a group who would either like to read or reread the series together and discuss it through blog and video. Let me know if you are interested! I will be setting up a goodreads group and getting things started. I'm thinking around January for this one. Not sure if we should do it as a binge read and complete the trilogy in January or do a book a month. I'm honestly not sure I could keep myself from just reading them back to back. Anyways, let me know if you want to participate and I will make sure to let you know once I have everything set up! 

Conclusions
So these are some of the things I will have going on over the next few months. I would love for you to be involved with any or all of them! Please let me know if you need any more information and I will be glad to help you find what you're looking for. Also, let me know if there are any cool things you're involved with that I might enjoy. I love being involved and getting to know fellow book lovers!

You can check out my youtube channel here and my goodreads page here

Until next time. This has been your book loving friend, Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment